Irish Cream Cold Brew: a Starbucks Copycat recipe that's deliciously creamy, perfectly sweet, and features the beloved flavors of Irish cream. This recipe is easy to make in your own kitchen any time of year. That's right, no waiting in the drive-through is required for this seasonal favorite!
Irish cream cold foam tops cold brew coffee for a sweet, creamy, cool, and luxurious drink you can make any time of year. There's no need to wait until the Starbucks holiday menu releases when you can froth up this perfect Irish cream iced coffee any day of the year!
Forego the search for elusive Starbucks' Irish cream syrup when you can follow my recipe for the more flavorful and robust homemade version. Simply simmer up the simple syrup, whisk in the vanilla and other seasonings and your syrup is ready to go, making enough of the sweetener for up to 8 cups of Irish cold brew.
Elevate your daily coffee to a festive and delicious treat with this Irish cream Starbucks copycat recipe, perking you up for end-of-year festivities, adding comfort to quiet weekend mornings, and taking afternoon coffee with friends to new levels.
What is Starbucks Irish Cream Cold Brew?
Irish cream cold brew is a cold brew coffee drink that was made popular by Starbucks. It is an alcohol-free coffee drink that tastes like iced cold brew coffee with creamy Bailey's liquor stirred in.
Starbucks makes the Irish cream cold brew coffee by first shaking the cold brew with the Irish cream syrup. Next, they top it with vanilla sweet cream cold foam and a sprinkle of cocoa powder. The resulting flavor is sweet, chocolaty, and nutty. The drink is cool and creamy, thanks to the addition of cold foam.
This Starbucks Irish coffee is super easy to make at home, thanks to a simple ingredient list and easy recipe steps! Though you can make this creamy cold brew with pre-made syrups (see my ingredient list below) for the quickest prep, it is more budget-friendly and flavorful to make the Irish cream syrup and vanilla simple syrup from scratch. Leftover syrups also store well and keep for a while, making subsequent drink preparation quick and painless!
Why You'll Love This Irish Cream Cold Brew Recipe
- Creamy & Rich: Indulge in a true cold foam experience! Heavy cream frothed with vanilla and Irish cream makes for a comforting and sweet treat you won't soon forget!
- Cooling, Yet Caffeinating: The perfect recipe for when you need a pick-me-up that cools you off.
- Simple & Quick: Ready in just 4 steps, this cold foam coffee recipe is ready in no time!
- Alcohol-Free: Enjoy Irish cream without the boozy taste or after-effects but all of the fantastic flavor. Perfect for workweek mornings, underage friends, and afternoon pick-me-ups!
Though the idea of a homemade cold foam drink may seem intimidating, the ingredient list for this recipe really is not! Here is what you will need:
- Heavy Cream: Also known as heavy whipping cream, heavy cream will whip up to be light, airy, and creamy, forming the perfect base for the Irish cream cold foam.
- Irish Cream Syrup: Comforting and sweet Irish cream syrup was never so easy (and alcohol-free) to make! Use my simple and delicious homemade recipe, or opt for your favorite store-bought variety.
- Whole Milk: Use full-fat milk for the best flavor and for smooth and light cold foam. If you must, substitute 2% milk, but skim will definitely lack in flavor and texture.
- Vanilla Syrup: Make homemade vanilla simple syrup or use a teaspoon of your favorite bottled brand!
- Cold Brew: Make your own cold brew with one of my easy methods or use your favorite storebought variety.
- Cocoa Powder: This optional, but encouraged garnish for this drink adds additional layers of warm chocolate comfort.
How to Make Irish Cream Cold Brew
You'll never believe how easy it is to make this Starbucks copycat recipe in the comfort of your own home! Here's how to do it:
Step 1: Make the Irish cream cold foam. Combine the heavy cream, Irish cream syrup, whole milk, and vanilla syrup together in a mason jar or glass.
Step 2: Froth. Using a milk frother, froth until whipped and well combined, or for about 10-15 seconds. Set aside.
Step 3: Pour in cold brew. Add ice to a glass, then pour the cold brew over it. Stir in 1 ½ tablespoon Irish cream syrup.
Step 4: Add cold foam. Top with the Irish sweet cream, then dust with cocoa powder if desired. Drink up!
Optional Variations & Dietary Adjustments
- Delightfully Dairy-Free: Avoiding dairy? No problem! Substitute coconut whipping cream and milk for the heavy cream and whole milk or swap in oat milk whipping cream and oat milk for equally creamy and indulgent but allergy-friendly alternatives!
- Secretly Sugar-Free: Choose erythritol stevia instead of sugar and no one will know the difference!
- Amp Up the Chocolate: For extra chocolate notes, stir 1-2 teaspoons of chocolate syrup in with the Irish syrup or drizzle the drink with syrup before serving for extra mocha moments!
- Make It Minty: Enjoy a mint twist on this Starbucks Irish cream coffee by stirring peppermint syrup in to taste!
- Additional Almond: Enhance the almond flavor of the Irish cream by frothing in an additional drop or 2 of almond extract.
- Comforting Coconut: Use coconut whipping cream and coconut milk instead of their dairy counterparts and sprinkle the nutty-sweet drinks with toasted coconut along with the cocoa powder.
- Morning Magic: Enjoy the added caffeine of cold brew with sweet and chocolate-nutty flavors of Irish cream for a most motivating start to your day.
- Perfect Pick-Me-Up: Say "goodbye" to any afternoon slump with a cool glass of this refreshing drink!
- Double for a Date: Sharing is caring. Simply double the ingredients and follow the directions as listed to enjoy this drink with a loved one or friend.
- Self-Care Snack: Add some staying power to your afternoon refreshment break by enjoying Starbucks Irish cream cold brews with a handful of toasted almonds, sliced fresh fruit, oatmeal protein cookies, or almond flour banana muffins.
Recipe Success Tips
Make sure your cold brew recipe turns out perfectly every time with these simple tips!
- Use Cold Cream and Milk: Fresh-from-the-fridge milk and cream froth the quickest.
- Froth Until Foamy: Froth cold foam ingredients until the foam is light, creamy, and a whipped consistency, or for about 10-15 seconds with most frothers. If you don't have a frother, a whisk or even a quick blitz or two in the blender also works!
- Adjust the Ice to Taste: For a more intense cold brew taste, use less ice; for a more diluted flavor, use more ice.
- Optional: Adjust the Sweetness. Add the vanilla and Irish cream syrup according to the recipe directions and stir or froth in additional to taste.
- Enjoy Immediately! Cold foam drinks are best enjoyed immediately after making, as the foam can melt into the coffee over time. Make this drink right before serving and though you can store leftovers covered for up to a day, know that the foam will likely dissolve into the drink if you do so.
Enjoy favorite Irish cream flavors with a moderate nutritional profile with this Starbucks Irish cream cold brew recipe! Clocking in at just 225 calories per serving, you can enjoy sweet and creamy flavors for less heft than your average baked good or dessert. Talk about a great way to celebrate the season!
Though this drink does contain 30 grams of carbohydrates - most from added processed sugar - they add sweetness and comfort and can still fit well within most well-balanced diets. Similarly, each serving of this refreshing and luxurious treat contains 11 grams of fat, a modest amount that is key in making the sweet cream cold foam indulgent and rich!
Balanced and sweet, indulgent but not too heavy, this drink has everything we need to enjoy a special and cozy moment during the holiday season or any time of year! ☕️✨🇮🇪
Total nutritional content per serving is:
- Calories: 225 calories
- Total Fat: 11 grams
- Protein: 2 grams
- Sodium: 26 mg
- Carbohydrates: 30 grams
- Sugar: 26 grams
*This nutritional information is an estimate and calculated based on the ingredients used to create the recipe. The nutritional value of your ingredients may differ slightly. Furthermore, this food is not intended to prevent, diagnose, cure, or treat any disease.
More Cold Brew Recipes
Irish Cream Cold Brew (Starbucks Copycat)
Irish Cream Cold Foam
- Add all the Irish cream cold foam ingredients to a mason jar or glass. Using a milk frother, froth until whipped and well combined (about 10-15 seconds). Set aside.
- Add ice to a glass, then pour the cold brew over it. Stir in 1 ½ tablespoon Irish cream syrup.
- Top with the Irish cream cold foam, then dust with cocoa powder (if desired). Drink up!