My copycat Starbucks Cinnamon Dolce Latte recipe is loaded to the brim with sweet spice and everything nice. Featuring bold espresso, creamy milk, a homemade cinnamon dolce syrup made from brown sugar and cinnamon, and a fluffy cloud of cinnamon-sugar dusted whipped cream to finish, this cinnamon latte is the perky pick-me-up you need right now!
If you're anything like me, the tantalizing aroma of freshly brewed coffee and the allure of a perfectly crafted creamy latte can make any morning feel like a special occasion. And what could be more special than indulging in the rich, velvety embrace of a Cinnamon Dolce Latte from Starbucks?
But, rather than dropping $5+ on a single drink, I've cracked the code on how to recreate this caffeinated masterpiece at home for a fraction of the price.
From perfectly frothed milk to a homemade version of that signature spice-kissed cinnamon dolce syrup, I'll guide you through every step, ensuring that your cup brims with the same magic you'd find in a Starbucks café.
Whether you're yearning for a dreamy, creamy, and steamy companion on a chilly morning or craving a refreshingly cool pick-me-up on a sunny late summer afternoon, this copycat skinny Cinnamon Dolce Latte has you covered. It's also super easy to make dairy-free and vegan if you need!
- What is a Cinnamon Dolce Latte?
- What does cinnamon dolce taste like?
- Why You’ll Love This Copycat Starbucks Cinnamon Dolce Latte Recipe
- Ingredients Needed
- How To Make Cinnamon Dolce Lattes
- Optional Variations & Dietary Adjustments
- Serving Suggestions
- Recipe Success Tips
- Homemade Cinnamon Dolce Latte Nutrition
- Other Starbucks Copycat Recipes
- Cinnamon Dolce Latte (Starbucks Copycat)
What is a Cinnamon Dolce Latte?
This Cinnamon Dolce Latte is a warm and cozy coffee drink, but with a delicious twist. It's like your favorite latte had a sweet rendezvous with a cinnamon roll and they decided to have a flavorful party.
You've got smooth espresso, all snuggled up with steamed milk that's been kissed by the sweet embrace of brown sugar and a sprinkle of cinnamon magic. Think of this sweet cinnamon-flavored latte as your go-to companion for those moments when you want something more than just a regular coffee.
What does cinnamon dolce taste like?
The first sip is a gentle caress of creamy warm milk, like your tongue is being wrapped in the coziest blanket on a crisp morning. As the elixir swirls in your mouth, a symphony of flavors unfolds – a mischievous sprinkle of cinnamon that tiptoes in, leaving a trail of sweet whispers and delightful tingles.
Just as you're lost in the cinnamon's embrace, a sweet burst of brown sugar joins the party, adding a touch of caramel-like charm. The espresso's bold notes provide the canvas, while the cinnamon and brown sugar paint the scene with a palette of rich, indulgent hues.
With each sip, you're transported to a magical realm where cozy campfires and starlit nights intertwine. It's as if you're sipping on the essence of a fairytale, where woodland creatures gather to share tales of flavor and friendship.
Whether you're savoring it hot and steamy or enjoying it over ice, the cinnamon dolce flavor experience is nothing short of a delightful journey into a world where cinnamon and sweetness reign supreme.
Why You’ll Love This Copycat Starbucks Cinnamon Dolce Latte Recipe
Still on the fence? This sweetly spiced Starbucks-style latte recipe is:
- Quick & Easy - All you need is 5 minutes to whip one up.
- Made With Only 5 Simple Ingredients - And if you make your own homemade coffee syrup, you can rest assured that your latte will be free from any artificial colors, weird preservatives, or chemical stabilizers.
- Cozy & Comforting - If you could distill the wafting scent of Cinnabon cinnamon buns into a coffee drink, the cinnamon dolce latte would be it!
- Easily Customizable - Make your latte exactly the way you like with none of the dumb upcharges.
As promised, you only need a handful of ingredients to make this Starbucks-style cinnamon dolce latte. Here’s what to grab:
- Milk - I used 2% because that’s my go-to for ordering at Starbucks.
- Cinnamon Dolce Syrup - My homemade recipe is super simple and speedy, plus it’s way cheaper than buying a bottle from Starbucks!
- Espresso - Make sure to pull fresh shots for the best taste!
- Whipped Cream - You’re welcome to use store-bought or homemade.
- Cinnamon Sugar - For garnishing. It’s the perfect low-lift cinnamon dolce topping!
Fresh out of something? Not to worry. Here are some easy pivots you can make:
- Milk - Feel free to swap in the dairy milk or unsweetened plain or vanilla plant-based milk of your choice.
- Cinnamon Dolce Syrup - You can also use my honey syrup or brown sugar syrup with a few drops of cinnamon extract.
- Espresso - If you don’t have an espresso maker at home, swap in 8 ounces of either hot or cold-brewed coffee. (Choose accordingly depending on whether you’re making a hot or iced latte!)
- Whipped Cream - Feel free to omit this for a lower-calorie drink, or feel free to swap in an alternative like frozen whipped topping or homemade marshmallows!
- Cinnamon Sugar - Feel free to use the toffee bits from my Caramel Brulée Latte as your cinnamon dolce sprinkles instead.
How To Make Cinnamon Dolce Lattes
These cozily spiced lattes come together in a flash. Here’s how:
Step 1: Warm Milk. Whisk together the milk and cinnamon dolce syrup in a small saucepan over medium-low heat. Heat until steaming and just starting to foam.
Step 2: Froth. Remove from heat and froth slightly with a milk frother or whisk.
Step 3: Assemble. Brew your coffee and pour it into a coffee mug. Top with the sweetened milk.
Step 4: Garnish & Serve. Top with whipped cream and dust with cinnamon sugar. Drink up!
Optional Variations & Dietary Adjustments
Here in the CoffeeCopycat kitchen, I’m all about making sure you have every tool at your disposal to craft the absolute perfect coffee drink for your palate. Here are just a few variations you can try:
- Dairy-Free/Vegan - Swap in the plant-based milk and vegan whipped cream of your choice to keep this luscious latte lactose-free and vegan-friendly!
- Skinny - Opt for skim milk and omit the whip for a lower-cal version of this classic Starbucks drink.
- Decaf - Keep the cozy vibes without the buzz by swapping in your favorite decaf brew. If you’re extra sensitive to the effects of caffeine, you can make this drink without any caffeine by swapping in a roasted chicory “coffee” alternative.
- Iced Cinnamon Dolce Latte - Perfect for getting comfy fall vibes when it’s still a million degrees outside. 😉
- Cinnamon Dolce Frappucino - Turn your cinnamon latte into a frosty frappé by dumping all the contents into a blender with ice and a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
Now that you know the basics, let's sprinkle some creativity into your serving suggestions!
- Cinnamon-Sugar Rim: Take your latte presentation up a notch by rimming your mug or glass with a touch of cinnamon and sugar. Simply dip the rim into a shallow dish with some of the cinnamon dolce syrup, then dip it into another shallow dish with a mixture of cinnamon and granulated sugar.
- Cinnamon Dolce Latte Float: Embrace the unexpected with a whimsical twist! Scoop a generous scoop of your favorite vanilla ice cream into a glass, then pour your freshly brewed hot Cinnamon Dolce Latte over it. Watch as the ice cream swirls and melts into the drink, creating a decadent and playful concoction that's part latte, part float, part affogato, and 100% pure deliciousness.
- Cinnamon Sprinkle Art: Have a little fun with your latte's presentation by using a stencil to sprinkle cinnamon over the foam in a playful pattern. Hearts, stars, or even your initials – it's like giving your latte its very own cinnamon-spiced tattoo!
- Mini Cinnamon Dolce Latte Shooters: Serve your latte in mini shot glasses for a cute and whimsical presentation. It's perfect for offering your guests at your next holiday cookie exchange!
Recipe Success Tips
Let's ensure your journey to recreating a convincing Starbucks Cinnamon Dolce Latte is a smashing success! Here are some tips to help you along the way:
- Quality Coffee Beans: Start with good-quality coffee beans or freshly ground espresso. The coffee is the base of your latte, so using a flavorful and well-brewed foundation is key.
- Freshly Ground Spices: For that irresistible cinnamon-spiced flavor, use freshly ground cinnamon. It will provide a more vibrant and aromatic taste compared to pre-ground cinnamon.
- Perfectly Frothed Milk: Achieve creamy frothed milk by using a frother or steamer. Heat the milk to about 150-160°F (65-70°C) for the best results — it'll be cozy without tasting scalded!
- Adjust and Personalize: Feel free to tweak the recipe to suit your preferences. Add a touch of vanilla extract or experiment with other spices for your unique twist.
- Capture the Moment: Lastly, don't forget to take a moment to capture the beauty of your creation. Be sure to tag me so I can cheer on your caffeinated glory!
It depends. If you were to order a short or tall cinnamon dolce latte at Starbucks, you’d get 1 shot; for a grande or venti, you’d get 2. That said, when you play your own barista, you can add as much espresso as you want/need!
Nope! While it started out as a cool-weather offering, its surging popularity caused Starbucks to change course and offer it year-round. And when you make your own coffee drinks, you can say “to heck with the seasons!” and make whatever you want, whenever you want it.
Cinnamon dolce syrup is both gluten-free and vegan. If you’re ordering it in-store, be sure to opt for a plant-based milk and omit the whipped cream and cinnamon dolce sprinkles to keep it vegan. If you’re making it at home, simply swap in vegan whipped cream so you can get the full experience!
I assume you already know how to pronounce “cinnamon” and “latte,” but dolce is pronounced “dole-CHAY.” Think Dolce & Gabbana!
Homemade Cinnamon Dolce Latte Nutrition
Now, I know it's tempting to get lost in the swirls of cinnamon and creaminess, but it's always good to know what you're sipping, right?
So, here's the lowdown: In each delicious cup, you're looking at around 227 calories. Not too shabby, especially when you consider what a treat this is. Oh, and that INCLUDES the whipped cream and cinnamon sugar sprinkle!
Now, when it comes to fats, you've got about 7 grams. Remember, fats aren't the bad guys – they're essential for energy and overall health. And hey, these fats are mingling with some seriously awesome protein – 7 grams of it! Protein helps keep you full and mighty, so that's a little bonus right there.
But what about carbs? You've got about 35 grams, and here's the kicker – most of that is in the form of sugar. Yep, there's around 34 grams of sugar hanging out in that cup. That's where all the sweet magic comes from! Just a little heads-up, though – it's always cool to balance out those sweet treats with some other nutrient-packed meals during the day.
Total nutritional content per serving is:
- Calories: 227 calories
- Total Fat: 7 grams
- Protein: 7 grams
- Sodium: 99 mg
- Carbohydrates: 35 grams
- Sugar: 34 grams
*This nutritional information is an estimate and calculated based on the ingredients used to create the recipe. The nutritional value of your ingredients may differ slightly. Furthermore, this food is not intended to prevent, diagnose, cure, or treat any disease.
Other Starbucks Copycat Recipes
Cinnamon Dolce Latte (Starbucks Copycat)
- ¾ cup milk of choice (I used 2%)
- 2 tablespoon cinnamon dolce syrup
- 2 oz brewed espresso (or 8 oz brewed coffee)
- Whipped cream
- Cinnamon sugar for dusting
- Whisk together the milk and cinnamon dolce syrup in a small saucepan over medium-low heat. Heat until steaming and just starting to foam.
- Remove from heat and froth slightly with a milk frother or whisk.
- Brew your coffee and pour it into a coffee mug. Top with the sweetened milk.
- Top with whipped cream and dust cinnamon sugar. Drink up!