When it comes to decadent coffee creations, few concoctions have captivated my tastebuds quite like the legendary Starbucks Caramel Brûlée Latte. From its velvety-smooth espresso base laced with buttery rich caramel syrup to the rich toffee bits dancing atop a cloudlike swirl of whipped cream, every sip is a heavenly journey of pure indulgence. I can't wait to share this meticulously crafted copycat recipe that allows you to recreate the magic of a Starbucks brûlée latte right in your kitchen!
Picture yourself in a cozy nook, bathed in the warm glow of twinkling fairy lights, cradling a steaming mug of liquid gold. With each sip, slip further into the embrace of smooth espresso, velvety milk, and caramelized sweetness. This moment of self-care might be the only one you get all day, especially during the bustling holiday season. So, to all you fellow Mrs. Claus's out there, close your eyes, take a deep breath, and enjoy this moment. 🧑🎄
Crafted with just 5 simple ingredients in about 5 minutes, this copycat caramel brulee latte is a snap to make. Whether you're an aspiring barista or a coffee connoisseur, this informative guide promises to empower you with the knowledge and skills needed to craft a beverage that rivals the original in every aspect.
Best of all, this Starbucks caramel brulee latte recipe means you don't have to venture out into the crowded world to get your luxurious caffeine fix. Rather than driving, parking, waiting in line, and paying absurd prices, you can stay nestled in your makeshift North Pole with a cozy coffee that's created specifically for YOU. Merry Christmas!
- What is a caramel brulee latte?
- What does it taste like?
- Why You’ll Love This Caramel Brulee Latte Recipe
- Ingredients Needed
- How To Make A Caramel Brulee Latte At Home
- Optional Variations & Dietary Adjustments
- Serving Suggestions
- Recipe Success Tips
- Homemade Caramel Brulee Latte Nutrition
- Other Starbucks Copycat Recipes
- Caramel Brûlée Latte (Starbucks Copycat)
What is a caramel brulee latte?
Created by Starbucks for their annual holiday collection, the caramel brulee latte is one of my favorite seasonal offerings. Now that I’ve cracked the code on this caramel brulee latte starbucks recipe, I can whip one up whenever I like — even in the middle of June. Hooray!
Made with freshly pulled espresso, buttery caramel brulee sauce, frothed milk, whipped cream, and crushed caramel candies, this flavored latte is a little slice of heaven in a cup.
What does it taste like?
As you take your first sip of this Starbucks copycat drink, you'll be greeted by a rich, caramel-infused espresso that's utterly delightful. The caramel embraces your senses with its luscious buttery sweetness, creating a sensation that's like wrapping yourself in a cozy caramel blanket. If you love caramel lattes, this little ditty is sure to win you over.
But we're not done yet! Picture a fluffy cloud of whipped cream gently resting on top of your latte, like a dollop of dreams. As it melts and mingles with the caramel and espresso, it adds an extra layer of creamy decadence.
And let's not forget the pièce de résistance — the crushed toffee candy topping. Sprinkled on the whipped cream, these tiny morsels of sweet indulgence take your Caramel Brulee Latte to new heights. With each sip, your taste buds are treated to a symphony of textures — velvety smooth espresso, the crunch of toffee, and the glorious burst of sweet caramel flavors. It's like a pack of carolers just showed up in your mouth, singing “Hark, the herald angels sing!”
Why You’ll Love This Caramel Brulee Latte Recipe
If you’re still undecided, let me help. Aside from being a caramel-flavored dream, this caramel brulee latte recipe is also:
- Quick & Easy - All you need is 5 ingredients and 5 minutes of time. Plus, you can make it exactly the way YOU want — add more or less syrup, use an alternative milk, or make it vegan — all without any silly upcharges.
- Rich & Creamy - If you like your coffee to taste like a dessert, try making this caramel brulee latte recipe Starbucks-style. You definitely won’t regret it.
- Budget-Friendly - When you play your own barista, you can wave goodbye to $5+ drinks. This homemade coffeeshop creation costs just a fraction of what you’d pay at the mall!
- No Longer Limited To The Holiday Season - While this hot caramel brulee latte definitely reminds me of the winter holidays 🎄, you can easily whip it up for your Christmas in July celebrations! Oh, and since you’re the boss, feel free to make it an iced caramel brulee latte instead. ❄️😉
As promised, you only need a handful of ingredients to make this delightful caramel brulee Starbucks recipe. Here’s what to grab:
- Whole Milk - Using whole milk gives this Starbucks-inspired brulee latte added richness.
- Caramel Syrup - I like to use homemade caramel syrup so I know exactly what goes into it, but you’re welcome to use store-bought instead. Also, pro tip: you can almost always buy a bottle of your favorite syrup at your local Starbucks, but it will cost you a pretty penny!
- Espresso - Freshly pulled shots of espresso are the base of any good latte.
- Whipped Cream - As far as I’m concerned, it’s not really a holiday drink unless there’s a serious swoosh of sweet creamy goodness on top.
- Toffee Bits - This is honestly my favorite part of the whole drink. They’re salty-sweet, crunchy, and totally delicious. They’re the closest thing to the Starbucks caramel brulee topping I’ve found!
As much as I love this caramel brulee coffee drink just the way the recipe is written, I want you to feel totally equipped to make it entirely your own. Here are just a few ingredient swaps to consider:
- Whole Milk - While the OG Starbucks recipe calls for whole milk, feel free to swap in the dairy or plant-based milk of your choice. Note that if you opt for vegan milk, you should reach for unsweetened plain or vanilla-flavored milk for the best-tasting results.
- Caramel Syrup - Feel free to swap in adjacent flavors like vanilla syrup, toffee syrup, or even almond syrup if you prefer. You can also always use a sugar-free syrup if you prefer. Or, go straight to the source and buy a bottle of caramel brulee syrup from Starbucks.
- Espresso - Don’t have an espresso maker? Don’t fret. 8 ounces of strong, hot coffee will totally do the trick.
- Whipped Cream - You’re welcome to use frozen whipped topping or vegan whipped cream instead.
- Toffee Bits - While I do consider these bites of caramel brulee topping the best part of this drink, you’re welcome to omit them or swap in your favorite crunchy bits instead.
How To Make A Caramel Brulee Latte At Home
Once you learn how to make Starbucks caramel brulee latte, you’ll never want to shell out the $5+ for one at the ol’ SBUX. Here’s how easy it is:
Step 1: Warm milk and caramel syrup in a small saucepan until just starting to foam. Remove from heat and whisk until a little frothy.
Step 2: Brew your espresso and pour into a large coffee mug.
Step 3: Pour the caramel milk into your coffee.
Step 4: Top with whipped cream and toffee bits, then sip up!
Optional Variations & Dietary Adjustments
While I think this Starbucks Holiday Series copycat recipe is absolutely perfect as written, you should feel empowered to make it your own. Here are a few alternatives to get you started:
- Vegan/Dairy-Free - If you swap in plant-based milk and vegan whipped cream or whipped topping and use my homemade caramel syrup, you’re most of the way there. The last thing you need to track down is some vegan toffee bits!
- Sugar-Free - Use sugar-free caramel syrup and sugar-free toffee bits for a diabetic-friendly treat.
- Starbucks Iced Caramel Brulee Latte - Forget the warming step, and instead pour your cold milk and caramel into a mason jar with a tight-fitting lid. Shake until frothy, then assemble the drink by layering ice, espresso, and chilled caramel milk in a tall glass, then topping it with whipped cream and toffee bits. YUM!
If you want to elevate your coffee-at-home experience, consider any of the following fun suggestions:
- Caramel Drizzle Delight: Before pouring your latte into the mug, drizzle some caramel sauce on the inside of the cup, creating a mesmerizing caramel swirl. It'll make each sip an enchanting journey through caramel heaven.
- Caramel Artistry: Channel your inner artist and create caramel artwork on top of your whipped cream. Use a toothpick or a small spoon to swirl the caramel into playful designs, like hearts, stars, or even your initials. It's a delightful way to personalize your drink and make it truly yours.
- Toffee Tornado: Take your crushed toffee candy topping to the next level by adding a generous amount to the bottom of your mug before pouring in the latte. As you sip, the toffee bits will gradually mix with the drink, creating a whirlwind of sweet and crunchy surprises.
- Miniature Delights: Serve your caramel brulee latte in adorable mini mugs or demitasse cups. It's a charming way to both share your drink and create an Instagram-worthy moment.
- Flavorful Rim: Get creative and rim the edge of your coffee mug with a sprinkle of crushed toffee candy or caramel sugar. Every sip will be accompanied by a delightful touch of sweetness, giving your taste buds a little extra treat.
- Caramel Pairing: Elevate your brulee latte experience by serving it alongside some sweet treats. Indulge in caramel macarons, buttery shortbread cookies, or even a slice of caramel-flavored cake. The combination of flavors will make each bite and sip a match made in dessert heaven.
Recipe Success Tips
- Temperature Control: When heating the milk and caramel syrup in the saucepan, be careful not to let it come to a boil. Keep a close eye on it, and once you see the milk starting to foam, remove it from the heat. Heating it gently will help achieve the perfect temperature without scorching the milk.
- Whisk with Vigor: After removing the milk from the heat, give it a good whisking until it becomes frothy. This step is crucial for creating that delightful texture that adds an extra layer of indulgence to your latte.
- Play with Ratios: The beauty of making your own latte is the ability to customize it to your liking. Feel free to experiment with the ratio of espresso, milk, and caramel syrup. If you prefer a stronger coffee flavor, add an extra shot of espresso. If you have a sweet tooth, add a touch more caramel syrup. Tailor the recipe to create your perfect balance of flavors.
- Invest in Squeeze Bottles: There's no better way to store homemade coffee syrup in the fridge without things getting sticky!
If you make it at home, the biggest difference is that a caramel brulee latte has both whipped cream and candy bits as a topping, whereas a regular caramel latte does not.
If you order the drink at your local Starbucks, caramel brulee is only available during the holiday season, whereas the caramel latte is available all year round. The Starbucks caramel brulee sauce is also thicker than their normal caramel syrup.
For this homemade recipe, there are only 5 caramel brulee latte ingredients: milk, espresso, caramel sauce, whipped cream, and toffee bits.
Easy — just don’t heat the milk and syrup, and pour everything over ice!
Homemade Caramel Brulee Latte Nutrition
At the end of the day, you should keep in mind that this sweet, luxurious latte is definitely intended as an occasional indulgence. Here are just a few facts to keep in mind:
A typical Caramel Brulee Latte can range from around 250 to 450 calories, depending on the size and specific ingredients used. The recipe below comes out to about 313 calories per serving, including the whipped cream and toffee bits.
The latte's fat content primarily comes from milk and whipped cream, but may vary based on the type of milk and whipped cream used. Opting for lower-fat milk or "lite" whipped cream can help reduce the overall fat content.
Brulee lattes are known for being sweet, so if you're watching your added sugars, be aware. The caramel syrup, whipped cream, and toffee bits all contribute to the added sugars. Feel free to cut back on the sugar by using less syrup, whipped cream, and toffee bits (or swapping in sugar-free alternatives).
The espresso definitely adds a caffeine kick, but nothing too crazy. With two shots of espresso, you're looking at about 90 mg of caffeine. However, the exact amount can vary depending on how much espresso you use, how many shots you pull, and the beans you use.
Total nutritional content per serving (including whipped cream & toffee) is:
- Calories: 313 calories
- Total Fat: 13 grams
- Protein: 5 grams
- Sodium: 96 mg
- Carbohydrates: 46 grams
- Sugar: 43 grams
*This nutritional information is an estimate and calculated based on the ingredients used to create the recipe. The nutritional value of your ingredients may differ slightly. Furthermore, this food is not intended to prevent, diagnose, cure, or treat any disease.
Other Starbucks Copycat Recipes
Caramel Brûlée Latte (Starbucks Copycat)
- Add your milk and caramel syrup to a small saucepan and heat until just starting to foam. Remove from heat and whisk until a little frothy.
- Brew your coffee and pour into a large coffee mug.
- Pour the caramel milk into your coffee.
- Top with whipped cream and toffee bits, then sip up!