What better way to kick off the coziest season of them all than with a copycat Starbucks Iced Pumpkin Spice Latte? This is the refreshing sipper you've been waiting for — it's like a warm hug for your tastebuds on those first cool days of fall, yet refreshingly cold to chase away the last traces of summer heat.
As the leaves start to turn golden and that unmistakable crispness fills the air, there's one thing on all our minds: it's finally pumpkin spice latte season! But why wait in those long Starbucks lines when you can whip up a taste of autumn heaven right in your own kitchen? Trust me, you'll wonder why you ever waited at that coffee chain in the first place. 😉🍂
I'm about to spill the pumpkin seeds on a recipe that'll make your heart skip a beat. Picture a glass filled to the brim with a velvety, iced pumpkin spice latte that's made with just six simple ingredients, including REAL pumpkin!
But that's not all to love about this Starbucks-style iced pumpkin latte recipe. My secret ingredient for natural sweetness is a drizzle of rich, amber maple syrup that adds that perfect touch yum. Yup, you read that right — no artificial flavors or preservatives here, just pure, autumnal goodness. 🍂🍁
So, gather your ingredients, grab your favorite mug (or reusable Starbucks cup, if you're feeling fancy), and let's whip up this delightful homemade iced pumpkin spice latte recipe that tastes just like the one you'd order at your local coffee shop.
- What is an Iced Pumpkin Spice Latte?
- What does it taste like?
- Why You’ll Love Iced Pumpkin Spice Lattes
- Ingredients Needed
- How To Make Iced Pumpkin Spice Lattes
- Optional Variations & Dietary Adjustments
- Serving Suggestions
- Recipe Success Tips
- Homemade Starbucks Iced Pumpkin Spice Latte Nutrition
- Other Starbucks Copycat Recipes
- Iced Pumpkin Spice Latte (Starbucks Copycat)
What is an Iced Pumpkin Spice Latte?
Imagine a creamy, dreamy concoction with a perfect balance of rich coffee, velvety milk, and the warm, comforting flavors of pumpkin and spices. But here's the twist: it's served chilled, over a cascade of ice cubes, making it incredibly refreshing on those not-quite-sweater-weather days.
At its heart, my pumpkin spice iced latte is all about celebrating the magic of fall. You've got real pumpkin purée, a dash of aromatic spices, and sweetened with the natural goodness of maple syrup, so it's not overly sugary. Add some espresso and the milk of your choice to the mix, and you've got yourself the best darn pumpkin iced coffee around!
What does it taste like?
Describing the taste of this iced pumpkin spice latte is like taking a magical journey through a pumpkin patch on a crisp autumn day! Imagine the comforting embrace of your coziest sweater, but in flavor form. 🍁✨
Close your eyes and take that first sip, and you'll find yourself transported to a world where pumpkin reigns supreme. It's like a pumpkin pie and a latte decided to have a whirlwind romance and this slurpably delicious drink is their enchanting lovechild.
As the creamy, velvety goodness caresses your lips, you'll be greeted by a symphony of fall-inspired flavors. The real pumpkin puree is like a warm hug from the pumpkin patch itself, bringing that earthy, slightly sweet essence of fall.
The spices come into play like mischievous pixies, dancing on your palate. Cinnamon adds a touch of warmth, nutmeg brings a gentle nuttiness, clove and ginger are like a spicy autumn whisper, and vanilla adds a richness that keeps you coming back for more.
But here's the twist – that cold, refreshing chill! The ice cubes tinkle like laughter in a crisp breeze, balancing out the warm spices and creating a symphony of temperature and taste. It's essentially a sip of an autumn breeze on a warm, sunny day.
And let's not forget the coffee! It's the zesty, energetic companion on this flavor journey, grounding the whole experience with its robust, earthy notes. The maple syrup adds a touch of liquid gold, sweetening the deal with a natural sweetness that's not cloying but just right. It's the finishing touch, the golden crown on this seasonal masterpiece.
So, in a nutshell, an Iced Pumpkin Spice Latte is the taste of fall magic in a glass. It's the perfect potion to make your tastebuds sing with joy as you embrace the warm, fuzzy feeling of autumn. 🍂☕️🎃✨
Why You’ll Love Iced Pumpkin Spice Lattes
Get ready to sip, savor, and celebrate the arrival of fall in style. This is the season of change, and your tastebuds are about to experience something truly magical. Making my iced pumpkin spice latte Starbucks-style is:
- Quick & Easy - All you need is a mere 5 minutes to make this cold pumpkin spice latte completely from scratch!
- Better-For-You - Forget all the weird artificial ingredients and preservatives in store-bought coffee syrups. This homemade iced pumpkin latte is made with real pumpkin and sweetened with maple syrup, so you can feel good about what you’re putting in your body.
- The Perfect Fall Coffee Drink - As much as I love fall and all the accompanying flavors that come with it, I’m always remiss to give up my iced coffee drinks. This transitional elixir is perfect for bridging the gap between the dog days of summer and the coziness that autumn promises.
As promised, you’re only a few ingredients away from a deliciously icy pumpkin spice latte. Here’s what to grab:
- Milk - I used whole milk for the perfect amount of creaminess.
- Maple Syrup - Not only do I love the faint flavor of maple in this autumnal latte, but I ALSO love that this indulgent drink is made with a less-refined sugar option.
- Pumpkin Purée - Make sure you’re reaching for pure pumpkin purée, not canned pumpkin pie filling.
- Vanilla Extract - For adding rich, aromatic warmth.
- Pumpkin Pie Spice - This spice blend is filled with an enticing mix of cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, and allspice.
- Espresso - For giving you that caffeinated boost to make it through your to-do list.
- Whipped Cream - Optional, but great for emphasizing the whole pumpkin pie-dessert vibe we’re after.
Need to make some adjustments? Not to worry — you have lots of options!
- Milk - Feel free to swap in any percentage of dairy milk or unsweetened plant-based milk instead.
- Maple Syrup - While I love the added layer of fall flavor that maple brings to the table, you’re welcome to use agave nectar, honey, or even brown sugar instead.
- Pumpkin Purée - Butternut squash purée or sweet potato purée can also be used!
- Vanilla Extract - You’re welcome to use an equal amount of vanilla paste or vanilla powder, or use half as much ground vanilla bean instead.
- Pumpkin Pie Spice - Feel free to swap in the warming spice blend of your choice like chai masala, haiwaj, or apple pie spice instead.
- Espresso - While a traditional latte calls for espresso, you can definitely swap in cold brew or chilled brewed coffee instead.
- Whipped Cream - Feel free to omit it to save your calorie budget.
How To Make Iced Pumpkin Spice Lattes
These pumpkin spice iced coffee drinks come together in a flash. Here’s how:
Step 1: Combine. In a mason jar or other container, combine the milk, maple syrup, pumpkin puree, vanilla extract, and ¼ teaspoon pumpkin pie spice.
Step 2: Whisk, use a milk frother, or simply place a lid on the jar and shake until combined!
Step 3: Assemble. Add ice to a tall glass, and pour the espresso over the ice. Pour in the pumpkin milk mixture.
Step 4: Garnish & Serve. Top with whipped cream and more pumpkin pie spice if desired. Drink up & enjoy!
Optional Variations & Dietary Adjustments
The great thing about playing your own barista is you can make your PSLs exactly to your specifications. Here are just a few ideas to get you started:
- Vegan PSL - Swap in the unsweetened plant-based milk and use the vegan whipped cream of your choice to make this delightful latte vegan-friendly.
- Hot Pumpkin Spice Latte - While I like my pumpkin spice latte cold, you may prefer yours hot. Feel free to warm the milk mixture and froth it to make a hot version of this autumnal favorite.
- Skinny Pumpkin Spice Iced Latte - Use skim milk or unsweetened almond milk and omit the whipped cream topping to shave off some calories.
Drinking an iced pumpkin spice latte is like throwing a mini autumn party. Here are some delightful ideas to make it even more festive:
- Breakfast Bliss: Start your day on the right foot by pairing your latte with some pumpkin chocolate chip muffins – it's like a pumpkin party on your breakfast plate!
- Cozy Afternoon: For a midday treat, how about a slice of spiced pumpkin bread with a generous slather of cream cheese? It's like a slice of heaven alongside your latte. Or, try some pumpkin spice biscotti for a bit of crunch. The flavors will mingle beautifully!
- Post-Workout Pumpkin Party: After a workout, reward yourself with a protein cookie. The mix of protein and pumpkin spice is an excellent post-sweat combo. The latte's chilled refreshment will cool you down and perk you up simultaneously.
- Dessert Delight: Need a sweet treat? Pair your latte with a pumpkin pie or a scoop of pumpkin ice cream. It's pumpkin overload, but in the best possible way. The creamy sweetness will dance in harmony with your latte's spiced notes.
Recipe Success Tips
- Creamy Consistency: Achieve that silky-smooth texture by blending the pumpkin puree with the coffee and spices to ensure all the flavors are well-mixed and there are no lumps.
- Chill Factor: Make sure your coffee is fully cooled before combining it with the other ingredients. You don't want to dilute your latte with melted ice.
- Ice Matters: Use large ice cubes or ice spheres made from filtered water. They melt slower, preventing your drink from getting watered down too quickly. Alternatively, swap in coffee ice cubes to prevent any dilution at all!
Whipped Cream Wonderland: A dollop of homemade whipped cream on top is the ultimate decadent touch. Make sure to sprinkle a little extra pumpkin pie spice, cinnamon sugar, or nutmeg on the whipped cream for an Instagram-worthy presentation.
Yep! They should be able to make a hot or cold PSL for you with no problem. But, why not make your own and save a few bucks instead?!?
Yes, but coffee that has made love to your favorite creamy pumpkin dessert. It’s sweet and creamy with the unmistakable boldness of espresso.
Absolutely! So long as you don’t have any issues with cross-contamination in your kitchen, this copycat Starbucks drink is totally celiac-friendly.
Homemade Starbucks Iced Pumpkin Spice Latte Nutrition
This Starbucks copycat iced pumpkin latte offers a delicious balance of flavors and a reasonable nutritional profile. It's the perfect way to enjoy the fall season without overindulging in sugar or calories. Here's a quick breakdown:
🍂 Calories: At 246 calories per serving, this latte provides a cozy, yet manageable energy boost for your day.
🥛 Total Fat: With 6 grams of total fat, it has a touch of creaminess without being overly indulgent.
💪 Protein: At 6 grams of protein, it's perfect for a little boost any time of the day.
🧂 Sodium: It's relatively low in sodium, with only 94 mg, making it a sensible choice for those watching their salt intake.
🍯 Carbohydrates: With 40 grams of carbohydrates, it's a satisfying sip that can keep you fueled. The sweetness comes from 35 grams of sugar, primarily from natural sources like maple syrup and the pumpkin itself, making it a flavorful treat without going overboard on refined sugars.
Total nutritional content per serving (without the whipped cream) is:
- Calories: 246 calories
- Total Fat: 6 grams
- Protein: 6 grams
- Sodium: 94 mg
- Carbohydrates: 40 grams
- Sugar: 35 grams
*This nutritional information is an estimate and calculated based on the ingredients used to create the recipe. The nutritional value of your ingredients may differ slightly. Furthermore, this food is not intended to prevent, diagnose, cure, or treat any disease.
Other Starbucks Copycat Recipes
Iced Pumpkin Spice Latte (Starbucks Copycat)
- ¾ cup milk of choice
- 2 tablespoon maple syrup
- 2 tablespoon pumpkin puree
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon pumpkin pie spice plus more for garnish
- 2 oz espresso or 8 oz brewed coffee
- Whipped cream optional
- In a mason jar or other container, combine the milk, maple syrup, pumpkin puree, vanilla extract, and ¼ teaspoon pumpkin pie spice. Whisk, use a milk frother, or simply place a lid on the jar and shake until combined!
- Add ice to a tall glass, and pour the espresso over the ice.
- Pour in the pumpkin milk mixture, then top with whipped cream and more pumpkin pie spice if desired! Drink up!