Get a head start on Starbucks' Winter menu with this Iced Gingerbread Oat Milk Chai Tea Latte! It is creamy, sweet, spicy, festive, and so simple to make. Just one sip and you'll be glad to know you don't have to wait until this drink debuts in stores. It's simply delicious!
Celebrate the holiday season with creamy spicy chai enhanced with comforting and heartwarming gingerbread flavors!
The Starbucks winter menu was just leaked, friends, and I am here to deliver the goods before these delicious beauties drop! With tantalizing options such as Peppermint Mocha, Sugar Cookie Almondmilk Lattes, and Chestnut Praline lattes, and more the line-up is looking exceptionally festive and tasty.
As exciting as the anticipation is, I am here with this gingerbread latte recipe to save you the wait and help you save on the expensive in-store options. With a recipe that is as easy as this one is, there's really no reason not to make it at home! Just buy a few simple ingredients, stir them up, top with whipped cream, and serve. This recipe is so simple and quick (just 5 minutes!) you can even easily fit it into a busy holiday-season afternoon!
- What is an Iced Gingerbread Oat Milk Chai Tea Latte?
- Why You'll Love Iced Gingerbread Oat Milk Chai Tea Latte
- Optional Variations & Dietary Adjustments
- Serving Suggestions
- Recipe Success Tips
- Nutritional Info
- More Holiday Coffee Recipes
- Iced Gingerbread Oat Milk Chai Tea Latte (Starbucks Copycat)
What is an Iced Gingerbread Oat Milk Chai Tea Latte?
An iced gingerbread oat milk chai tea latte is a cool tea-based beverage that has been rumored to arrive on Starbucks' 2023 winter menu.
With a warmly spiced chai tea base, creamy oat milk, and sweet molasses-based gingerbread syrup, this iced latte is a dreamy option for the winter season. Though it is predicted that Starbucks will release the menu in early November 2023, you can now make and enjoy this recipe in the comfort of your own home!
The Starbucks iced winter drink is a perfect way to cool down after a busy day of cookie baking, present shopping, or Christmas tree decorating. It's simple to make, creamy and perfectly spicy, and can easily be made warm as well!
Why You'll Love Iced Gingerbread Oat Milk Chai Tea Latte
- Delicious & Delightful ✨- Creamy oat milk is the ideal counterpart to cinnamon and ginger-spiced Chai and gingerbread syrup, taking your tastebuds on a holiday vacation!
- Fun & Festive 🤶🎅- Top the iced gingerbread latte with whipped cream, pumpkin pie spice, or even holiday sprinkles for a drink that says "Christmastime is here."
- Quick & Easy 🕒✨ - You won't believe how simple it is to whip up this dynamo drink. No frother, espresso maker, or fancy tools are needed!
- Budget-Friendly 💰- Save yourself dollars per drink by making them at home. Every 1 quart of chai concentrate purchased for this recipe makes 8 individual lattes, so purchase the ingredients once and enjoy lattes throughout the week for a fraction of what you would spend at Starbucks!
- Chai Tea Concentrate - With high-quality brewed tea, sugar cane syrup, vanilla extract, and spices, Oregon Chai is my favorite brand of chai concentrate, but any brand of quality concentrate will do.
- Oat Milk - I recommend and use Oatly full fat oat milk, as it has exceptional flavor and texture that is formulated precisely for making lattes and drinks. Your favorite brand of oat milk can easily substitute for this brand, however, too.
- Gingerbread Syrup - Make gingerbread syrup at home for superior flavor and additional cost-savings. It's easy to make, made with common pantry staples, and stores like a charm!
- Whipped Cream & Pumpkin Pie Spice - Optional, to garnish. Choose homemade whipped cream or top with your favorite bottled whip or coconut whipped cream. Use homemade pumpkin pie spices for superior flavor, but pre-mixed spices also work.
- Milk - Substitute any dairy or plant-based milk. Almond milk, cashew milk, and soy milk are all fantastic picks. For an extra rich finish, pour in a splash of coconut milk before serving, but avoid using coconut milk entirely as it is a bit too rich on its own.
- Homemade Chai Tea Concentrate - Make your own chai concentrate, if desired, or additional dimensional-spice flavor.
- Gingerbread Syrup: Homemade gingerbread syrup is simple to make and boasts exceptional flavor, but you can also save time and dishes by using storebought syrup.
It is seriously so simple to make this iced gingerbread latte. Here's how to do it:
Step 1: Chai. Add the ice to a glass, then top with the chai concentrate and oat milk.
Step 2: Syrup. Stir in the gingerbread syrup.
Step 3: Garnish & Serve. Top with whipped cream and a sprinkle of pumpkin pie spice if desired. Drink up!
Optional Variations & Dietary Adjustments
Adapt this recipe to your dietary preferences or make this Starbucks winter drink your own with a few simple swaps. Here are some of my favorite variations:
- Choose a Different Milk - Substitute your favorite non-dairy milk for oat milk, or even make the iced gingerbread latte with whole milk.
- Make it Dirty - Add an extra kick of caffeine and nutty coffee flavor by stirring in a shot of fresh espresso.
- Blend it Up - Treat yourself to a gingerbread frappuccino by blending all of the ingredients in a high-speed blender until smooth. Pulse in additional gingerbread syrup to taste!
- Serve it Hot - Warm up from cool winter days with a hot gingerbread oat milk chai tea latte. All you need to do is warm the milk, chai, and syrup and then froth the mix with a milk frother. Delish!
- Dairy-Free & Vegan - Make a delightfully dairy-free and vegan gingerbread latte by making the recipe as directed and topping it with coconut whipped cream instead of traditional.
- Morning Wake Up - Start your morning off on the right foot. Enjoy this latte with your morning paper or Wordle; you'll quickly see why it is one of Starbucks' best winter drinks!
- Breakfast Delight - Power up for a great day by sipping iced chai tea lattes alongside overnight oats, fluffy pancakes, pumpkin protein muffins, or even oatmeal protein cookies.
- Cookie Companion - Elevate cookie decorating to new heights! Serve gingerbread chai lattes to the whole crew to enhance the holiday festivities!
- Afternoon Appertif - Stir in a shot of bourbon, vanilla vodka, or chai-infused liquor for a boozy coffee drink adults will love!
- Dessert Companion - Serve these lattes with pumpkin pie cookies, air fryer apple crisp, or your favorite fall pie for a complete seasonal tasty treat!
Recipe Success Tips
- Use Cool Ingredients. Prevent the ice from melting quickly and diluting the drink by using cool gingerbread syrup, oat milk, and tea concentrate.
- Ice to Taste. Scoop the ice into the glasses according to your personal preference. The drinks will have a more concentrated flavor with less ice and a more diluted flavor with more of it.
- Mix Well. Stir the gingerbread syrup into the milk and tea well to ensure an evenly sweet flavor.
- Measure Accurately. Guarantee that classic Starbucks flavor by measuring all of the ingredients precisely.
Starbucks discontinued its classic gingerbread latte in 2019, but it the winter 2023 menu was leaked this year and it appears as though a new gingerbread oat milk chai tea latte is on the list.
Yes, the Starbucks gingerbread oat milk chai tea latte is seasonal. It should be available for the duration of the Starbucks winter menu, or until roughly the middle of January.
Making Starbucks drinks at home allows you to make healthier and more nutritious drinks. This Iced Gingerbread Oat Milk Chai Tea Latte is such an option. If made without whipped cream, it is naturally dairy-free, vegan, and low in saturated fat, making it a great option for anyone who is lactose intolerant or who needs to watch their saturated fat consumption.
Coming in at just 237 calories per serving, this homemade iced latte is also a relatively light drink. It is a good source of carbohydrates and offers a moderate amount of protein. Boost the protein content of this drink by stirring in collagen powder or using pea-protein-enhanced oat milk.
Either way, you serve it this drink is a refreshing, comforting, and festive drink that you can enjoy while still meeting your nutritional goals. So, pour a glass today for a delectably festive start to the holiday season! 🎄🎁
Total nutritional content per serving is:
- Calories: 237 calories
- Total Fat: 5 grams
- Protein: 2 grams
- Sodium: 85 mg
- Carbohydrates: 47 grams
- Sugar: 38 grams
*This nutritional information is an estimate and calculated based on the ingredients used to create the recipe. The nutritional value of your ingredients may differ slightly. Furthermore, this food is not intended to prevent, diagnose, cure, or treat any disease.
More Holiday Coffee Recipes
Iced Gingerbread Oat Milk Chai Tea Latte (Starbucks Copycat)
- Add ice to a glass, then top with the chai concentrate and oat milk.
- Stir in the gingerbread syrup.
- Top with whipped cream and a sprinkle of pumpkin pie spice if desired. Drink up!
- Though leftovers of gingerbread latte can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 2-3 days, it is best enjoyed fresh.
- Dairy-Free & Vegan - Make a delightfully dairy-free & vegan gingerbread latte by making the recipe as directed and topping it with coconut whipped cream instead of traditional.