If you’re a Disneyland Black Caf Cold Brew fan, you’re in the right place. Prepare to (temporarily) make your kitchen the happiest place on earth with my copycat recipe! All you need are 6 simple ingredients and a few minutes to whip up this Cocoa Puff Cold Brew at home, complete with a luscious cream cheese cold foam and crunchy cocoa cereal topping.
My husband and 4-year-old toddler daughter recently went on a trip to Disneyland, and man, it was amazing! The kiddo had a blast, and we parents couldn’t help but have a great time ourselves. The park is clean, the staff is lovely, the rides are great, and, perhaps most importantly to this gal 👋, the food and beverage program is on point.
As a huge cold brew fan, I was definitely intrigued and had to try a few Disney parks coffee drinks. One of my favorite Disney treats was without a doubt the Black Caf Cold Brew, which is available at Docking Bay 7 in Star Wars land. Featuring bold, lightly sweetened cold brew topped with a divine vanilla cream cheese cold foam and topped with cocoa puffs that look like asteroids, that one space coffee drink alone is reason enough for me to go back! It's definitely my new cold brew drink of choice.
While Oregon isn’t quite close enough to make another visit super soon, I’m happy to report that I’ve cracked the code on how to make cocoa puff cold brew Disneyland-style. Better yet, it’s way easier than you might think! All you need are a handful of readily available ingredients and just a few minutes of prep to whip up this chocolate cold brew sensation at home.
- What is Cocoa Puff Cold Brew?
- What does it taste like?
- Why You’ll Love This Copycat Disneyland Cold Brew Black Caf Recipe
- Ingredients Needed
- How To Make Cocoa Puff Cold Brew, Disney-Style
- Optional Variations & Dietary Adjustments
- Serving Suggestions
- Recipe Success Tips
- Homemade Cocoa Puff Cold Brew Nutrition
- Other Cold Brew Coffee Recipes
- Cocoa Puff Cold Brew (Disneyland Copycat)
What is Cocoa Puff Cold Brew?
Officially, the Disneyland coffee drink this recipe is based on is called the Black Caf Cold Brew. It features a base of lightly sweetened cold brew coffee that is topped with a cream cheese-enhanced vanilla cold foam and crunchy chocolate puffs at the top of the glass. And friends? It’s to die for.
What does it taste like?
Imagine if your favorite cozy coffee spot and a dash of Disney magic had a delicious baby — that's exactly what this Cocoa Puff cold brew tastes like!
The first thing you notice is the bold, yet gracefully balanced cold brew. The taste of the drink is strong, smooth, and ready to wake you with the first kiss. Then comes the cream cheese foam, a fluffy cloud of vanilla-kissed delight that dances across your tastebuds like Cinderella at the ball.
Finally, you get the crunchy surprise of cocoa puffs floating atop the foam like asteroids from a galaxy far, far away. Each bite is a tiny firework of crunchy chocolatey goodness, reminiscent of the spectacular nighttime shows at the park.
In short, this is a cold brew chocolate beverage that doesn't just satisfy your coffee cravings but takes you on a mini Disney-themed adventure, right from the comfort of your kitchen. So, let's raise our mugs to magical mornings and enchanting flavors, one homemade black caf cold brew at a time! 🏰✨
Why You’ll Love This Copycat Disneyland Cold Brew Black Caf Recipe
While it was worth every penny for the experience, I’m not gonna lie — Disneyland is NOT a cheap vacation. That said, it really does add a sparkle of magic to your day. I wanted to replicate even the smallest piece of the experience at home, just to hold onto the magic for a little longer. My friends, this cold brew recipe does just that.
Not only does this cocoa cold brew taste like the liquid equivalent of a Mary Blair cartoon, it’s also:
- Made With Just 6 Simple Ingredients - You’ll be able to find all the ingredients you need at any grocery store. No magic wands required! 😉
- Budget-Friendly - Save your hard-earned cash for a real trip to Disney and make your own coffee copycats till your sink fund is full. This tasty homemade adventure is a great place to start!
- A Spot-On Replica of the Disney Favorite - It legitimately tastes just like the drink I ordered at Docking Bay 7. You won’t be able to tell the difference!!
As promised, you need just a handful of ingredients to make my homemade version of the cold brew black caf Disneyland sells. Here’s what to grab:
- Whipped Cream Cheese - This is the kind that comes in a tub. Since it’s already whipped, it’ll be much easier to turn into creamy, fluffy cold foam.
- Vanilla Syrup - Do yourself a favor and make my 3-ingredient homemade version to save tons of money over what you can buy in-store.
- Heavy Cream & Whole Milk - This dairy duo is responsible for an extra dreamy cold foam.
- Cold Brew Coffee - Again, I recommend making your own at home rather than buying it from the store. It’s so easy, tastes great, and costs pennies on the dollar versus pre-made.
- Cocoa Puffs Cereal - These crunchy little cocoa asteroids are what make the drink!
Need to make some recipe edits? Not to worry. Here are a few ingredient swaps to try:
- Whipped Cream Cheese - If you only have block-style cream cheese, let it soften to room temperature, then whip it yourself using a hand- or stand mixer.
- Vanilla Syrup - You’re welcome to swap in plain simple syrup, the flavored coffee syrup of your choice, or sugar-free vanilla syrup instead.
- Heavy Cream & Whole Milk - When you mix cream and milk in equal amounts, you get half n’ half, so feel free to use 2 tablespoons to replace both. You’re also welcome to swap in the dairy-free milk and vegan whipping cream substitutes of your choice.
- Cold Brew Coffee - You can also use conventionally brewed coffee that has been chilled or swap in espresso topped with cool water (i.e. an iced americano).
- Cocoa Puffs Cereal - No need to grab name-brand here, people! The store-brand version will taste just as good and save you a few bucks.
How To Make Cocoa Puff Cold Brew, Disney-Style
This Disney-inspired iced coffee comes together in just a few simple steps:
Step 1: Add the Cold Foam Ingredients (whipped cream cheese, 2 tablespoons of vanilla syrup, heavy cream, and whole milk) to a small jar or container.
Step 2: Froth for about 1 minute with a milk frother until the cream cheese mixture is fully incorporated and smooth. Set aside.
Step 3: Sweeten Cold Brew. Add the cold brew coffee to a tall glass, then stir in 1 tablespoon of vanilla syrup. Top with ice.
Step 4: Top the cold brew with the sweet cream cheese cold foam.
Step 5: Sprinkle on the coco puffs cereal. Drink up!
Optional Variations & Dietary Adjustments
While I don’t think there’s much room for customization at the park, making your own Disney coffee at home gives you more flexibility. Here are a few ideas to get you started:
- Dairy-Free - Swap in vegan cream cheese and dairy-free half n’ half (or the dairy-free milk and cream alternatives) of your choice. For the record, Cocoa Puffs are dairy-free.
- Vegan - Name brand Cocoa Puffs are not technically vegan since the added Vitamin D3 is animal-derived and the sugar is purified with animal products. That said, there are many vegan alternatives to these chocolatey puffs. Some options include EnviroKids, Trader Joe’s, and 365 Everyday Value brands.
- Gluten-Free - Swap in a gluten-free version of Cocoa Puffs (e.g. EnviroKids or Trader Joe’s) to make it celiac-friendly. You can also use Cocoa Krispies, but they tend to get soggier faster than larger puffs.
Here are a few magical morning pairings for your Disney cold brew:
- Mickey Mouse Pancakes: Start your day in true Disney style with Mickey Mouse-shaped pancakes. Drizzle them with maple syrup and a sprinkle of powdered sugar for a breakfast that's as Instagram-worthy as it is delicious. Alongside your cold cocoa coffee, it's a breakfast that's straight out of a Disney dream.
- Cheshire Cat Cheese Danish: Embrace the whimsy of Wonderland with a delightfully twisted cheese danish inspired by the Cheshire Cat's iconic smile. By the time you finish breakfast, you'll have an ear-to-ear grin to match!
- Bananas for Moana - Serve your frosty cold brew alongside my island-inspired Hawaiian Banana Bread for a treat Moana would go bananas for!
- Princess Belle's French Toast: Inspired by Belle’s love for France, create a stack of fluffy French toast. Top with fresh berries and a dusting of icing sugar for a royal treat that makes you feel like you're dining in the Beast's enchanted castle. Don't forget to bring along your cocoa cold brew and your favorite book!
- Olaf's Cinnamon Roll Donuts: Who doesn't love warm cinnamon roll donuts, especially when they're inspired by Olaf's warm hugs? Soft, loaded with wholesome whole wheat, and drizzled with a snowy white glaze, these tasty treats are a perfect complement to the chocolatey, creamy goodness of your cream cheese-topped cold brew.
- Sleeping Beauty's Berry Parfait: Layer yogurt, granola, and a variety of fresh berries to create a parfait worthy of awakening any sleeping beauty. The cocoa puffs cold brew will be the Prince that helps to open your eyes!
- Rapunzel's Golden Sunrise Muffins: Bake some golden-brown banana carrot muffins as a nod to Rapunzel’s golden hair. Alongside the black caf cold brew, you'll have enough energy to climb the proverbial tower of your workday.
Recipe Success Tips
- Embrace the Cream Cheese Bits: When you're making the cream cheese cold foam, you'll notice tiny specks of cream cheese in your cold brew. Don't worry – this is totally normal and part of the charm! While it's virtually impossible to get the cream cheese completely smooth without heating it up (and we want to keep it cold!), these little bits add character to your drink. Plus, they taste incredibly smooth, so there's no need for concern. Think of them as little flecks of magic in your cup!
- Temperature is Key: For the best texture and flavor, make sure the milk and cream are chilled but the cream cheese is slightly softened to achieve that dreamy, creamy consistency that makes the cold foam so delightful.
- Quality Coffee Matters: The base of your cocoa puff Disney cold brew is, of course, the cold brew itself. Use a high-quality coffee that you love. The better the brew, the more magical the drink!
- Customize Your Sweetness: Adjust the sweetness of your cold brew according to your preference. Some like it bolder, some sweeter. Remember, you're the barista of your own magical Disney-inspired coffee experience!
- Topping it Right: Don't skimp on the cocoa puffs! They add a playful crunch and chocolatey goodness that's essential to the experience. Sprinkle generously.
- Serve Immediately: For the best experience, serve your Cocoa Puff Cold Brew immediately after making it. This ensures that the cold foam is at its fluffiest, the coffee is perfectly chilled, and the cereal topping retains maximum crunch.
Because Cocoa Puffs have cocoa powder, they do contain a negligible amount of caffeine (around 2 mg per cup).
Since cold brew is made with cold water, the acids present in coffee aren’t extracted. As such, the acidity of cold brew is much lower than conventionally brewed coffee or espresso.
The high acidity in coffee is often what causes people to get heartburn or bloating, so using cold brew might make your symptoms less noticeable or disappear altogether.
That said, cold brew has a higher amount of caffeine than traditionally brewed coffee, which can have deleterious effects on your digestive system. So, the answer is, it depends! You’ll have to give it a try to see whether your body responds with heartburn or bloating or not.
You can find this drink in Disneyland at Star Wars Land, located at Docking Bay 7. You can also find it in Disney's Hollywood Studios in Orlando, Florida, over at Kat Saka's Kettle in Star Wars Land: Galaxy's Edge. Don't forget to mobile order!
Homemade Cocoa Puff Cold Brew Nutrition
Per serving (including the Cocoa Puffs!), it's got 265 calories, which is pretty reasonable for a treat that feels like a high five from Mickey Mouse. The total fat is 13 grams, so it's a bit indulgent, but I'm of the opinion that sometimes, we all need to live life like a fairy tale. It's got 3 grams of protein, not a lot, but it's there!
As for sodium, it's a modest 172 mg per serving. Carbohydrates tally up to 36 grams, with 29 grams of that being sugar. It's definitely on the sweeter side, but would you expect anything else from Disney? If you want to dial down the sugar a bit, feel free to swap in sugar-free vanilla syrup.
- Calories: 265 calories
- Total Fat: 13 grams
- Protein: 3 grams
- Sodium: 172 mg
- Carbohydrates: 36 grams
- Sugar: 29 grams
*This nutritional information is an estimate and calculated based on the ingredients used to create the recipe. The nutritional value of your ingredients may differ slightly. Furthermore, this food is not intended to prevent, diagnose, cure, or treat any disease.
Other Cold Brew Coffee Recipes
Cocoa Puff Cold Brew (Disneyland Copycat)
Cream Cheese Cold Foam
- 3 tablespoon whipped cream cheese
- 2 tablespoon vanilla syrup
- 1 tablespoon heavy cream
- 1 tbsp whole milk
- Make the cream cheese cold foam: Add the whipped cream cheese, 2 tablespoon vanilla syrup, heavy cream, and whole milk to a small jar or container. Froth for about 1 minute with a milk frother until the cream cheese is fully incorporated and smooth. Set aside.
- Add the cold brew coffee to a tall glass, then stir in 1 tablespoon of vanilla syrup. Top with ice.
- Top the cold brew with the sweet cream cheese cold foam, then sprinkle on the cocoa puffs cereal. Drink up!